Monday 20 January 2014

Weekly Devotional "Effort and Healing"

Dear Readers,

I have written three different devotionals over the past few days, but I haven't published one! I didn't feel that it was the right moment to publish those. So today I started working on this one, which hopefully is the right one for this week! by the way, I'm sorry for not always writing devos "weekly", I guess sometimes it won't be possible to do it every week, but I will try!
Anyway, I really, really hope that this is a blessing to you!

__________________________________


We all have areas in our lives that make us run to the Lord in desperation, and say "Why don't I ever change, Lord?!? why do I keep making the same mistake over and over again?!?!? I've asked You to change me, but why can't I see the results?!?!"
Well, It is important that we ask the Lord to change something in us, and of course, He can! but we need to keep in mind that we also need to do our part! not because He needs our help, but because He likes to see us making the effort to change.

The story in John chapter 5 comes to my mind:

"2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porches.
3 In these lay a multitude of them that were sick, blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4 For an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the waters stepped in was made whole, with whatsoever disease he was holden.
5 And a certain man was there, who had been thirty and eight years in his infirmity.
6 When Jesus saw him lying, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wouldest thou be made whole?
7 The sick man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool:but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8 Jesus saith unto him, Arise, take up thy bed, and walk."

We see here how all these people that were sick, blind and cripple, the way we feel many times, had to struggle their way into the pool to be healed, it was no easy task! and it's not easy for us either! it seemed almost impossible for the man who had been sick for 38 years to get there, but our Lord being the compassionate and merciful God, saw how much he was struggling to get to the waters, and healed him!
So we see that our condition is not hopeless, God will change us, if he sees that burning desire in us to be healed! and even if we've been struggling for THIRTY-EIGHT years...don't give up! keep fighting!! there is still hope!!!!!



Please don't ever forget that:


God 
changes
caterpillars into butterflies,
sand into pearls,
and coal into diamonds.
Using time and pressure.

He's working on you too.



God Bless


4 comments:

  1. Dear Laura,
    What a wonderful blessing was to read your journal today! Your heart is so precious, the Lord confirmed in my heart what I just heard this Sunday at church. Keep seeking His help, He is the only one that changes our lives to light and joy! May God use your testimony to enrich other young girls.....keep spreading the precious seed of His word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how we long for the moving of the waters in our midst, for His glory to be seen again. May we always remember that the light affliction which is but for a moment, works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory!
    Thank you for sharing about God's precious grace and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving thanks to God for you and for how He is showing you His ways!
    Happy is he whose hope is in the Lord his God.
    I love you,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! Just what I needed now!

    ReplyDelete